Wednesday 6 February 2013

Bee Soft and Beautiful

I have had many people ask me what I do to keep my skin so clear and beautiful. I would argue at times that when viewing myself I don't feel that I appear to be beautiful but I will admit that I have good skin. Really good skin. I know that there are many beauty options out there when it comes to cleansers and moisturisers, but I think it is safe to say that if you look at the ingredients list there are words you can't even pronounce or spell. Who wants to put that on their face? I was one of the ones who did for a long time...but no more. Over the last few months I have been discovering that it isn't just the food we put in our bodies but that we need to also be aware of what we put ON our skin. Our skin is the largest organ we have, it absorbs everything we put on it. 
So for those who have asked here you go! 

I wash my face with Manuka Honey 25+.

My skin is the softest and most clear it has ever been in my life. I know that eating a vegetarian diet and drinking a lot of water has a great benefit to my skin but the way that my skin feels and looks since cleansing with the Manuka Honey has made such a difference. I think I glow a bit more.

Components of Manuka Honey


Hydrogen peroxide is a component of honey. It gives most honey its antibiotic quality. But some types of honey, including manuka honey, also have other components with antibacterial qualities.The major antibacterial component in manuka honey is methylglyoxal (MG). MG is a compound found in most types of honey, but usually only in small quantities.In manuka honey, MG comes from the conversion of another compound -- dihydroxyacetone -- that is found in high concentration in the nectar of manuka flowers.MG is thought to give manuka honey its antibacterial power. The higher the concentration of MG, the stronger the antibiotic effect.Honey producers have developed a scale for rating the potency of manuka honey. The rating is called UMF, which stands for Unique Manuka Factor.The UMF rating corresponds with the concentration of MG. Not all honey labeled as manuka honey contains significant levels of MG. To be considered potent enough to be therapeutic, manuka honey needs a minimum rating of 10 UMF. Honey at or above that level is marketed as "UMF Manuka Honey" or "Active Manuka Honey.

Manuka Honey for Skin

Many women who suffer from dry skin due to harsh commercial cleansers, acne and rosacea swear by the use of honey for washing their faces. Honey is suitable for use as a daily cleanser because of its antibacterial properties which allow it to gently cleanse the skin without stripping it of all of its natural oils. But the benefits of Manuka honey come from it’s increased antibacterial potency. Since honey is has a low pH of around 4.5 it is said to be pH balanced and helps to maintain the optimum pH of the skin.
To use Manuka honey as a cleanser, place a dime sized amount on your hand and rub it on your face using circular motions. Then grab a wash cloth and soak it with warm (not hot) water and place the cloth on your face. The heat of the cloth should open up your pores for deeper cleansing. Remove the wash cloth from your face and re wet it and gently wipe the honey off of your face. The heat of the water and the wiping motion should remove all the honey from your face. Then feel free to moisturise your face like normal. (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/ingredients/manuka-honey-benefits-for-hair-skin)

 As you can see mine has crystallised a bit but I don't mind as it acts as an exfoliate. I get my "barbie shovel" and scoop a bit out and then apply to my fingers. I apply the honey in circular motions and allow it to sit as long as possible. I want to give the honey time to really seep into my skin and do its thing! I then use a warm cloth and let it rest on my face for a few minutes...from there re wet and wipe my face clean (gently does it) Super clean and feels so good!
I will blog tomorrow on what I use to moisturise my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment